An Intelectual and Canadian point of on the yearly Oscar Race, and various other Entertainment Issues

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Who Should Win

Hey Guys, so anyways i was typing up my who should win at tonights Oscar ceremony column, but then my computer crashed. Which officially ruined my day, but anywhoo so I'm lacking time so I'm going to give you a small rundown of my personal picks. The Queen deserves to win Best Picture, sure its a cold movie but come on, its also the most accomplished film of the year. I didnt get the Whitaker buzz, great as he is, the character is so two dimensional and restraint; Hudson's overrated, Blanchett unworhthy, actually as a whole I find the Best Supporting Actress race underwhelming. Mirren's the only frontrunner I would have voted for; Eastwood and Greengrass are neck to neck in the Directorial race.

Looking at the tech categories, nothing much that sticks out. An Unconventional Truth song win could be nice; Deplat winning score, Lubezki winning cinematography, but anything else is meh. Anyways here's my Ballot if i was a Academy Member:

Best Picture: The Queen
Best Director: Paul Greengrass, United 93
Best Actor: Ryan Gosling, Half Nelson
Best Actress: Helen Mirren, The Queen
Best Supporting Actor: Jackie Earl Haley, Little Children
Best Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, Babel
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Departed
Best Original Screenplay: The Queen
Best Art Direction: Dreamgirls
Costume Design: Marie Antoinette
Cinematography: Children of Men
Film Editing: The Departed (one day Departed, the other United 93)
Make-up: Pan's Labyrinth
Original Score: The Queen
Original Song: "I Need to Wake Up" Inconventional Truth
Sound Editing: Pirates of the Carribean 2
Sound : Flags of our Fathers


So Anyways, that's that, wait till the top of the hour for my last minute Oscar Predictions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home