An Intelectual and Canadian point of on the yearly Oscar Race, and various other Entertainment Issues

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Live Blogging the Screen Actors Guild

7:04 PM Central Time: I personally Love the Actors Intro, love how they call the award show a celebration. My Faves were Carell's, Arnet's and Garber's. Female Actor in a Comedy Show .... predix: Tina Fey.And the Award goes to ..... FEY, not surprinsing to say the least. I was hoping that Applegate would have won tonight, but I wont deny being an amid fan of 30 Rock. God Fey is on fire, as she always is love the whole Barack Obama anecdocte "when did looking like a famous politician become a good thing"

Best Comedy In a Comedy Series: My Predix: Carrell, he has never won before and is ,most probably saught out as overdue and the award goes to Alec Baldwin ... coarse, 3o Rock must win all of the categories their nominate him.

Ok, so i totally missed what that whole montage was about? Can anyone tell me what that was all about?

Best Ensemble Cast Telivision Comedy goes to ..... 30 Rock, didnt have time to Predict, but isnt this the most predictable race of the year. Good, the Television awards are booring

Thirty Minutes to go, very interesting night if you ask me. Just noticed on E! that Sean Penn showed his face tonight, something tells me he knows he's going to finally win his first Actor tonight. If you recall he lost the Best Actor award for Dead Man Walking to Nicolas Cage for Leaving LAs Vegas, he los the 2002 Best Actor award to I Am Sam to Russell Crowe for A Beautiful Mind; in 2004 he lost the Best Actor award to Johnny Depp for Pirates of the Carribbean and the Best Ensemble award (for Mystic River) to Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. One 0f the real reasons why the Oscar seasons is so exiting isnt due to the quality of the contenders but rather, due to the competitiveness. The night's only lock is Ledger of course. I guess this is the best segway to my actual predictions, I only have for Minutes to go, so only the picks for now and I'll include analysis throughout the night.

FILM:
Ensemble: Milk (alt: Benjamin Button
Actor: Sean Penn, Milk (alt: Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler)
Actress: Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married (Alt: Kate Winslet, Revolutionary Road)
Sup Actor: Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight (alt: Josh Brolin, Milk)
Sup Actress: Kate Winslet, The Reader (alt: Viola Davis, Doubt)
Stunt Work: The Dark Knight (alt: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Chrystal Skull)

Television stuff later

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home